9/29/2013

Theros - Favorite Cards from the Set

I was looking at some all of the cards from the Theros set tonight and was really amazed at some of them:

1 mana for unblockable and a scry1? Thats pretty amazing. Has a cipher feel to it. Not crazy about the art, but it makes sense when you think about it.


Regenerate is typically pretty expensive on cheap/weak creatures, the Asphodel Wanderer is no exception. I do like the flavor text and the art though.


Once again, a cheap but powerful enchantment. I really enjoy the trample part. Fans of The Flash would enjoy this card.


I really like the art on this card; I absolutely love the colors used but moreso the helms and the fins at the back. Very Cool.


A great card for graveyard-themed (Golgari) deck; with enough creatures in one's graveyard, you could have a 10/10 in very short order. Give it hexproof/trample/unblockable and game over asap.


There are many artifacts and artifact creatures in this set! I think my girlfriend would enjoy the art of this card in particular.


Just when you thought that some artifact cards were over-powered, you get Colossus of Akros. I see it being put into ramp decks.. maybe a Green/Blue deck. Green to ramp, blue for hexproof and unblockable... wow. 20/20. Rage Quit.


I always enjoy strong and relatively cheap defenders; the art is pretty cool too. I like the right statue's tower shield which gets narrow at the middle.

2 comments:

  1. Theros truly offers a diverse range of powerful and flavorful cards, each with its own unique appeal. From efficient one-drops to colossal threats, the set has something for every player. The intricate artwork adds another layer of depth to an already captivating collection. Can’t wait to see these cards in action!

    ReplyDelete